I’m a couple of days late for a New Years post but since I’m not one to make new years resolutions I think I’m fine. This post is all about trips that I would like to complete this year. Some are simply experiencing a new bike trail while others are more involved such as a week-long kayaking trip. This is a list of what I would like to do and if this year is like past years then the list will be longer than what I have the time or funds to complete, I’ll therefore try to keep it short.
- Complete the Georgia section of the AT by hiking from Neal’s Gap to Amicalola Falls State Park.
- Backpack the Allegheny Front Trail.
- Do more short weekend trips including one winter trip.
- Ride the bike path at Oil Creek State Park.
- Bike all or a portion of the Western Reserve Greenway.
- A friend and I are informally discussing a trip on the Muskingum River from the Tuscarora River to the Ohio River.
- Complete the Grand River from the headwaters to Lake Erie.
- If the Muskingum River trip falls through them something on the Allegheny River.
Overall I would like to get out more this year and I’m setting a goal of 52 hikes or activities of one hour or more per year, similar to the few I have posted here. A three-day trip will count as one activity, not three. I’ve never tracked or counted my activities in the past so I’m not sure if 52 is more or less than typical. I know that some portions of the year I get multiple in a week but others times no activities. I will track these somehow on the blog.
Speaking of the blog, my intent is to continue posting information and addition useful how-to posts. I enjoy it and I’m starting to see an increase in legitimate visitors but most page views are still spam.